We love the announce of new releases, especially from hard-hitters like Spinn and Wiley, so read on to hear more about their upcoming albums, plus tour news from The Prodigy and everything you ever wanted to know about Dan Snaith’s Daphni project.
– Turns out business mag Forbes is really warming to electronic music these days. A few months back they published that much-ballyhooed article on the world’s top-earning DJs, and now they’ve got Mr. Techno, Jeff Mills, talking about the rise of dance music in the US. (full story)
– The Prodigy’s “Firestarter” made Beatport’s 10 Scariest Dance Tracks of All Time list the other day, and now they’re set to light up Australia next March as part of the Warrior’s Dance festival alongside Dizzee Rascal, Steve Aoki, Boys Noize, Feed Me, and more. Check out the tour dates. (full story)
– Chip (formerly Chipmunk), Skepta, and JME are all slated to appear on grime king Wiley’s new album, The Ascent, due out early next year. Peep the full tracklist. (full story)
– We all know Dan Snaith quite well as the mastermind behind Caribou (once Manitoba), and now with his dance-oriented Daphni guise in full effect, XLR8R chats with the man about his new direction. (full story)
– Fans of Chicago-style juke and footwork will be pleased to know that DJ Spinn has just announced his new album, Teklife Vol. 2: What You Need, due on October 23. (full story)
– Need a blast from the past? How about a two-hour Paul Oakenfold set from Havana, Cuba, back in 1999? (full story)