Ask any journalist with a few years under his or her belt, and they’ll tell you they’ve had some harrowing experiences on the phone or in person with totally uncooperative interview subjects. Today’s case in point: a chat with Paul Oakenfold, who clearly isn’t into interviews. Click on through to read the whole thing.
– New dad Steve Lawler weighs in on DJing and fatherhood with the Huffington Post. (full story)
– It’s true that sometimes interviews just don’t go the way you want them to. Here’s what Thump is calling the worst Paul Oakenfold interview ever: (full story)
– Is FACT taking a page from the XLR8R playbook? Their new Rave Tales feature bears a striking resemblance to the latter’s Trainwreck stories—but hey, we’re all in this echo chamber together, right? Either way you slice it, MK’s got a (sorta gross) story to tell, so check it out: (full story)
– Speaking of XLR8R, the stalwart chronicler of electronic music in the US turns 20 this year. And to celebrate, as they near their 300th podcast, they’ve got none other than Detroit house kingpin Omar-S on the proverbial ones and twos for this awesome mix: (full story)
– Any fan of amateur or professional hockey knows that getting that rink just perfect with an ungainly Zamboni machine is no simple task. In his new video for “Mantasy Remixe,” Kompakt mainstay Michael Mayer pays homage to the simple-but-complex rink-clearing discipline.
– And here’s one more treat for you fans of Detroit house—a Resident Advisor podcast from the head of Motown’s new class, Kyle Hall. (full story)
Paul Oakenfold photo via Electronic Midwest