Norwegian Ralph Myerz (real name: Erlend Sellevold) is one of Scandinavia’s most eclectic and prolific musical exports, with recent releases ranging from hip-hop to electronic, glitch to indie dance. So it’s no wonder that he hooked up with (and was embraced by) rap royalty for his latest single from 2013’s Supersonic Pulse. Now you can join the interstellar P-Funk party by remixing Ralph Myerz’s “Do the Damn Thing” featuring Snoop Dogg, George Clinton, Nipsey Hussle, Da Youngfellaz, Nicky Noelle, and Ciscoe.
Enter our latest Play contest by December 23 for your chance to win a UVI Urban Suite sample library, a Sounds to Sample Elements library, and an official release on Disco Piñata Music. Don’t sleep. Get after it.
Don’t miss all the action in our popular Play contests below:
Three more weeks to enter:
– Dank’s “Wonder Child” contest
Two more weeks to enter:
– Tiga vs. Audion’s “Let’s Go Dancing” contest
One more week to enter:
– Tegan & Sara’s “Closer” contest
Recent winner announcements:
– Alex&Bernard won Riva Starr’s “Nobody’s Fool” remix contest with this techno entry, and had this to say about it: “We wanted to transform the original which sounds more like a radio-friendly song into a deeper, darker club track.”
– A_ldric won Gregor Tresher’s “Permafrost” remix contest with this minimal entry, and had this to say about it: “Gregor Tresher is one of the first artists I discovered when I first started listening to electronic music in 2005. So I was really excited for the chance to remix him. The original is really powerful with cold sounds so I tried to make a less aggressive and warmer version, sort of a ‘defrost.'”