It’s a rare day when you get still-smokin’ new footage from an Aphex Twin gig and audio from a new Daft Punk project, but there’s a whole lot more in today’s news, including tips on the new OWSLA label showcase, an interview with Mount Kimbie, and some opinions from Youngsta. So let’s check it out!
– Check out the exclusive soundtrack that Daft Punk crafted for the latest Saint Laurent fashion show, featuring edits of bluesman Junior Kimbrough. (full story)
– Curious about the person behind the amazing cover art for all the Visionquest records? Her name is Pilar Zeta, and Resident Advisor just assembled a really nice profile on the artist. (full story)
– We’re loving the sweet and subtle vibes of Gothenburg, Sweden-based producer 1991. Now he’s gone and made a video that encapsulates the era from which he takes his name, and it’s a tribute to outdated operating systems.
– Youngsta, one of the originators of the UK dubstep sound, sounds off on 10 years of the genre, and where it’s headed. (full story)
– The electronic-indie crossover kings Mount Kimbie speak with FACT about their forthcoming album for Warp. (full story)
– Did you know that Skrillex has just announced a huge tour for his OWSLA label, which kicks off later this month and features The M Machine, Jack Beats, Kill the Noise, Birdy Nam Nam, and tons more? Check out all the tour dates. (full story)
– And lastly, a couple of nights ago, Aphex Twin staged a rather experimental performance at London’s Barbican Arts Centre with his Remote Orchestra. Peep the slew of videos below. (full story)