In case you hadn’t already heard, everyone’s going gaga for dance music these days. But we didn’t exactly expect Sting to step into the ring with Afrojack, nor did we see Waka Flocka Flame laying down tracks with Skrillex anytime soon. But hey, that’s the world we live in. Check out the big collabs, and plenty of Ibiza summer season news, in today’s Morning Roundup.
– First up, Loco Dice has confirmed that he’s setting up shop for his Used & Abused event at Ushuaia this summer in Ibiza, his 15th year performing on the island. (full story)
– Headed to Coachella this weekend? Or maybe you’re just stoked as all get out for the new Daft Punk album? Well, let us put ’em together for ya with the duo’s set from 2006:
– Producers—what exactly are your intentions with making music? Here are some creative strategies for “Facing the Void,” with Dubspot instructor Matt Shadetek. (full story)
– More from Ibiza: We already tipped you to Guy Gerber’s big Wisdom of the Glove get-up for Pacha this summer, but now there’s a partial lineup announced, which includes Four Tet, Chromatics, dOP, Cajmere, Matthew Dear, Benoit & Sergio, and Deniz Kurtel. (full story)
– And while we’re on the topic of Spain, and techno, and Ibiza, and all that jazz, you should probably know that Richie Hawtin will be bringing the successful ENTER. event to the 20th anniversary of Sonar this June in Barcelona. (full story)
– Sting is in the studio with Afrojack, presumably for some sort of danceable collaboration. At this time, that’s pretty much all there is to say about that—but we’re waiting with bated breath to see where this one goes. (full story)
– And hey, if Sting can do it, why can’t Waka Flocka Flame? Answer: He can—and will, as he’s got collaborations set up with Skrillex, Diplo, Flosstradamus, and more. (full story)