Tons to report today on the world of electronic music, starting with a Zeds Dead concert shut down in Philly due to multiple drug overdoses—before the band even took the stage. What were these kids on?
– Resident Advisor’s Real Scenes documentaries are so well made that we recently named their Detroit techno and house investigation our favorite film on the topic. Today they unveiled their installment on the Parisian club scene. (full story)
– South Floridian DJ BO recently became the first DJ to ever play a gig in North Korea. Check out his wild ride of a story. (full story)
– Paper Diamond walks us through how to use TouchOSC with Ableton in this new video from DJ TechTools. (full story)
– Maya Jane Coles is launching her own label, I Am Me, next week with a first EP due on Beatport on December 7th, entitled Easier to Hide. (full story)
– We were as psyched as you were to find out that the mysterious rapper Captain Murphy was actually Flying Lotus. Now we’ve got some footage of him performing in costume at Low End Theory with Odd Future’s Earl Sweatshirt.
– Burial has just announced that he’s got a new single coming down the pike. “One/Two” will be released on Beatport on December 15th through his longtime home of Hyperdub. (full story)
– A Zeds Dead show over the weekend in Philadelphia had to be shut down after numerous audience members overdosed on unknown substances early in the night. Above is a pic of what the show might’ve looked like… had the duo actually taken the stage before the police shut it down. (full story)